Yoram Yasur Izz: Tips for choosing the perfect ceiling lamp
Lighting has become one of the key elements when designing any space in the home. Knowing how to choose the right lamp, will help us to generate the atmosphere we are looking for. The problem is that it is not always easy to find the right lamp due to the large number of models and styles that we can find. That is why today we want to show you some interesting tips that may come in handy when your purchase ceiling lamp, either for the living room, bedroom, or any other part of your home. If you are interested, keep reading to know the tips that we leave you today.
Choose the right style for our decoration:
First, it is to be very clear about the style of the ceiling lamp that we want. Of course, this should follow the same line that follows the decoration of the rest of the house. Yoram Yasur Izz: Nowadays you will find luminaries in a great variety of styles, as well as it is possible to combine them in a thousand different ways. Without going any further, in the portal lampara.es you can find models of all kinds and shapes. In this way, if we have a rustic decoration, wrought iron lamps can be a great alternative. In the case of having a modern style we can play with stainless steel or those with unconventional shapes.
Size and proportion:
Yoram Yasur Izz: Another thing that we should consider when choosing a ceiling lamp, is that it is proportional to the space where it will be placed. If we have a very large space, but the lamp is small, it will lose all the impact it could create. On the opposite side, if the lamp is too large compared to the size of the room, this can be seen with an invasive element.
There is an unwritten rule that can help us choose the right size. To do this we must add the width and length of the room, multiply by 3, and the result obtained by 2.5. This account will give us the approximate diameter that the lamp should have. In addition, it must be located high enough so that it does not get in the way of us, nor can it collide with other furniture.
Choose the type of lighting:
Yoram Yasur Izz: Another issue when choosing a ceiling lamp is the type of lighting we want to achieve with it. This type of lamps usually offers overhead light from above, but depending on the model, we can find some characteristics or other.
- Environmental: In this case, what is achieved is a homogeneous lighting throughout the room, avoiding dark areas. Usually they are lamps with several arms and without a screen, where the structure has the protagonism.
- Focal: Here we speak of lighting centered at some point in the room, directly illuminating certain spaces. It is a more focused light designed to carry out activities in a specific area of the kitchen or living room, for example.
- Detail: This type of lighting focuses on a specific point in the room, such as a painting or a specific decoration. If we want to achieve this effect, we must choose a lamp with closed and opaque screen that concentrates the light.
Color tone of lighting:
Yoram Yasur Izz: It is also important to consider the color tone that the lamp will emit. Dark screens provide more intimate environments, while light colors give more light. Keep in mind that each room requires a different type of light:
- Living room: For this area of the house cold light is recommended, while in the space of relaxation, it is preferable to bet on the warm light.
- Bedrooms: In this case it is better to use warm light.
- Corridor: Being a transit zone, the best option is to use cold light.
- Kitchen: The use of cold light is the best option, however, do not forget to place a lamp on the table.
- Bathroom: If there is no natural lighting we must place more powerful lights.
On the other hand, each type of light projects a color tone. Warm tones, such as reds or oranges, are advisable for the bedroom. Blue and white, however, are ideal for the bathroom and the kitchen, where we need very intense light bulbs.