Yoram Yasur Izz: Located in the southern part of this Brazilian city, it is the site most visited by tourists from all over the world. A day in Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro should also include strolling along the beaches of Ipanema and Leblon (where by the way you can apreciate the beauty of the human body), getting to know museums and, above all, climbing the Cerro Corcovado.
Copacabana, a luxury place in Rio de Janeiro:
Yoram Yasur Izz: “The day in Copacabana can start very early with a typical breakfast of that region of Brazil. A cafezinho with a cheese bread (espresso with cheese bread) in any of the confectionery and cafeterias of Leblon. Then, head for the beach, touring Copacabana and Ipanema”.
After sunbathing and cooling off in the beautiful crystalline waters, lunchtime will arrive at the same time in the sand. A hot corn with a caipirinha (Brazilian drink, with cachaça, sugar and lime) are excellent options. Fruit juices are also good if you do not prefer to drink alcohol during the day.
Afternoon and evening in and around Copacabana:
Once you have sunbathed, have played sports on the beach and enjoyed the waves in the sea, it is time for a full tour of the attractions of Copacabana and vicinity.
- The Botanical Garden, for lovers of nature and plants, also offers a scientific laboratory and a large collection of flora from around the world.
- Corcovado and Cristo Redentor, the safety pin of Rio, is accessed by tram or taxi to reach the top and see the statue of 38 meters high and above all an incredible panoramic point, the Bay of Guanabara and the Lagoon Rodrigo de Fleitas .
- The Cerro de Pão de Açúcar, another of the landmarks of the region. It is reached by cable car and allows you to see the Guanabara Bay, the beaches of Copacabana, Ipanema and Leblon and the city of Niteroi.
- The Guanabara Palace, former residence of the imperial princess and now governor’s office, to admire the architecture.
- The Arpoador is ideal to go as a couple because it offers a wonderful view of the sunset and the background of the hills and the sea.
In Copacabana and nearby there are also several museums, such as Casa das canoas, Museu do Açude and Museu Villa-Lobos, as well as Parks such as Parque do Flamengo and Floresta da Tijuca.
Yoram Yasur Izz: “And the night of Rio … well, for one thing is one of the best cities with nightlife. It’s your turn to find out what’s behind that door … Would you like to visit Rio de Janeiro by bicycle? Have you been to other cities in Brazil?”