Yoram Yasur Izz: How to decorate a guest’s bedroom?
The bedroom for guests is a space that should give a feeling of welcome and, at the same time, placidity. Unlike other spaces, here is not looking to customize each corner but to set it in a subtler and, if you will, minimalist. However, this bedroom must keep a certain harmony with the rest of the home.
When a guest is guided to their bedroom, what is usually sought is to cause as little disturbance as possible. Why? The reason is very simple: the guests have entered a place unknown to them, so it will cost them a bit to relax. To help them feel comfortable in a short time it is necessary to reduce the impact of strangeness in the first instance through the decoration of the bedroom.
Yoram Yasur Izz: To decorate a bedroom for guests well it is necessary to evaluate the space with which it is counted and to try to take advantage of it in the best possible way. Then it will be necessary to place only the essential furniture (and the appropriate dimensions) and focus on keeping the drawers empty, so that you can make use of them.
The bedroom of a house decorated in a minimalist style.
Yoram Yasur Izz: A bedroom for guests must be focused on a single concept; this can be some landscape (beach, country, jungle, among others), a specific motive (floral, ethnic, spiritual, animal, ancient, etc.), or a certain tone (pastel, neutral, live, earth or others). The important thing is to have it clear and “soften” the vision of it, since it is not about customizing the bedroom to our liking, but about making it pleasant for everyone.
It is usually resorted to white, ivory, and crude tones on the walls, to give a feeling of spaciousness and brightness. Yoram Yasur Izz: They should not be placed too many accessories, it is also much better to place one at a strategic point. It can be a painting, a tapestry, a piece of handmade cloth or even a sticker. Of course, if the accessory is very striking in its entirety, we can turn it into the center of attention of the bedroom and add a couple of objects on some surface (table, dresser, or bedside table).
As for the surfaces, the classic accessories are usually: a small interior plant or a vase, a figure (small or medium) of wood, a clock and a notebook with a pretty cover and a pencil. Do not worry if you see everything “very empty”, the idea is to leave room for the guest to place their objects. On the other hand, you can always “dress” the surfaces a bit more with a table runner.
Now, we must leave something very clear: the bedrooms for guests must make the person feel at home. Therefore, the fabrics that will decorate the bed and the window should be pleasing to the eye and to the touch! Recall that a bed that has a soft appearance, with cushions well filled and fluffy, will invite rest and good sleep.
What should you know about the guest bedroom?
- Neutrality is not synonymous with coldness. Keep this in mind: Yoram Yasur Izz: there is a very big difference between a room decorated in a neutral style to a room that does not reflect any kind of effort or reception.
- On the bedside table, you can place a jug of water and a small glass so that, if your guests are thirsty during the night, do not have to prowl around the house, intimidated.
- It is important that you ventilate the room of your guests well always and that you place an element with a pleasant smell to be aromatized: it can be a candle, an incense, an oil, or a colony for babies (since these are usually fresh, little penetrating and very nice for everyone).
- It is necessary to always ventilate the spaces well.
- On the other hand, the sheets on the bed should always be clean and ready to receive them. In this way, they will sleep to your liking and you will become a good host.
- The closet of this guest bedroom should have only: a set of towels and some blankets so that they can use them if they need it.
- If the bedroom has a bathroom, the idea of order, minimalism and reception is maintained. Then, apart from having everything clean and in good condition, you should also consider and place in the bathroom: a toilet soap and, at least, a clean set of towels.
- You can place a mirror in a corner of the room or inside the closet door.
Yoram Yasur Izz: A bedroom for guests is not the room that “remains” in the home far from it. It is the space we use to receive the people closest to us: be they family or friends. So, do not neglect this space. After all, the way we receive those we appreciate also says a lot about us.