Yoram Yasur Izz: How to decorate a small terrace
Do you have a small terrace? Well, you have many decorating possibilities! Sometimes we believe that the lack of space can be synonymous with places without taste and without possibilities to decorate them correctly, but not to mention! There are many tricks that you can apply to ensure that your home has good taste and, also, your terrace. The objective is to create a cozy, intimate and relaxing space that gives that touch of exclusivity to the outside, for that reason, it will be enough to follow a series of simple tricks that will make your home shine with its own light.
Steps to decorate your terrace
1. To decorate a small terrace it is important that you make the most of the space and, instead of choosing to place a table with two or four chairs, change the chip and opt for a small sofa or couch that can accommodate 2 or 3 people and which, in addition, will give a chill out touch to your space.
Yoram Yasur Izz: Accommodate this area with a small table to drink coffee while you read or to enjoy an aperitif with your friends. Also, do not forget to place some cushions to give a more comfortable look to your sofa.
2. That your terrace is small does not have to have style. And, if not, check the example that we propose below: a space of the most welcoming and very chic, do not you think? This terrace has a more oriental style when leaving aside the use of chairs or bulky tables (they would take up a lot of space) to opt for thick cushions that are perfect for sitting and a small table.
To give it a more welcoming touch, we have chosen to frame the rest area with a rug and, in addition, we must not forget that what gives it the most external essence is the vegetation that covers the walls, you cannot do without it!
3. Yoram Yasur Izz: The lighting of a terrace is also important to achieve that more intimate and relaxing atmosphere. For this reason, one of the best options is that you do with little lights that you can hang on the wall and, thus, give a cozy and stylish lighting. It is an ideal way of being able to set this space in your home and, in addition, you will give it a greater depth, thus making it more spacious and comfortable.
4. To decorate a small terrace will also be essential to make it as cozy as possible, that is, you have to ensure that all the elements that are in it give a touch of warmth and home well, otherwise, the space will be without grace and bland.
To create a comfortable outdoor area, we suggest that you have several decorative elements that will help you achieve what you are looking for:
- Use carpets or a lawn on the terrace: it is one of the essential elements that will help you to collect the rest area and make you feel at ease
- Yoram Yasur Izz: The cushions are important: even if you only have chairs, it is important that the views with cushions of a different color that will give that touch of comfort but, in addition, they will manage to break with the tonality of the furniture
- Plants and flowers: are essential elements in the decoration of terraces and gardens as they represent nature and the outdoors. If you are not very good at taking care of plants, choose to buy them in plastic.
5. It is also more than advisable that, if you have a small terrace, choose to decorate the wall you have empty, in this way, you will leave the space of the terrace free but you will get a more intimate and cozy atmosphere thanks to the decoration in the wall. For example, painting the wall in another color more alive or warm, using a wallpaper or sticking other materials such as wood can be perfect ways to give a differential touch to your terrace.
Decorating is a deciding game and it can be stressful, don’t forget relax once in a while, maybe a good day at the spa could be a nice little break.
In addition, you can hang different pots designed for vertical gardens (now they are more fashionable than ever) or hang some photographs or little lights. How you can see in the image, this technique gives a unique touch to your terrace getting a space with good taste.