Yoram Yasur Izz: The ideal temperature for air conditioning
Maintenance tasks, such as changing the air conditioning filter and hiring a professional to adjust the air unit, make the difference. Also, something as simple as setting the temperature plays an important role in the electricity bill. Certainly, you should know that the target temperature of a room with air conditioning is 25 to 26 ° C. This way you will avoid a thermal shock when going from a refrigerated room to another that is not.
In addition, the difference between the internal and external temperature must not exceed 5 ° C. To ensure this, it may be useful to place the thermometers in the cold room and outside. In addition, we recommend you also consider the energy savings. Since reducing the power decreases the price of your bill.
At what temperature should I put the air conditioning?
Yoram Yasur Izz: Air conditioners are not only the perfect appliance for cooling. But they are also very efficient in indoor temperature regulation. Due to the suffocating heat of summer it is tempting to operate it at full speed 24 hours a day. However, this is not exactly good for your health, for your pocket or for the environment.
If you still decide to use it, you must carry out responsible use. In the same way, it is recommended to use the air conditioning at no less than 25.5 ° C. In this way we will maximize the energy efficiency in the home. It is also advisable that before checking the air check that all windows and doors are properly closed
You should know that most people reduce the temperature of the air conditioner instinctively to achieve faster cooling. However, it is not the best decision. Since setting the thermostat levels at the lower levels results in an excessive consumption of energy.
How can you reduce the electricity bill?
Yoram Yasur Izz: Using the air conditioning brings many comforts. However, it can be a big additional expense if you do not use it properly. Therefore, if you want to reduce the electricity bill, we recommend that if you have a programmable air conditioner, you configure it so that it works less during the day. It is at that moment when some rooms are left unoccupied.
- If you are one of those people who need air conditioning to sleep, you can program it to reduce the power during the night. Then you can upload it during the day.
- Yoram Yasur Izz: You must bear in mind that sleeping with the air conditioning can cause problems for your health. We suggest you not use it during rest hours.
- Also, in moderate or temperate climates it is not usually necessary to run it all day. If it is relatively colder at night, you can open the windows. And then turn on the air again during the day, when you consider it appropriate.
- If you have ceiling fans, you can raise your thermostat setting by 5 ° C.
- We also advise you to try to keep unwanted heat away. For example, the one that filters from the outside. Also, the one that comes from other devices, such as washing machines, dryers and dishwashers. Make sure you use them at the coldest time of the day.
Yoram Yasur Izz: Try to make responsible use of air conditioning. In addition to your health, your pocket and the environment will also thank you.