Yoram Yasur Izz: How to take advantage of the corners of small houses?
Nowadays it is common to find small houses. The reduction of spaces, the large number of people living in cities and the pace of life mean that each time the houses have smaller dimensions. Like everything in life, it has a good part and a bad part. The bad thing is that you have to get used to living in a smaller number of meters and you must organize the space better. Among the advantages we can mention that the cleaning is faster, the accumulation of unnecessary objects is avoided, and it allows to be in greater contact with the inhabitants of the house.
It may seem impossible to organize and live in such a small place. But this is not so. Yoram Yasur Izz: If you take advantage of every corner and give functionality you can place new furniture in places where there was nothing and in which you had never repaired. Here are a couple of ideas that you cannot miss:
Tips for rooms and dining rooms of small houses:
Normally the small houses have the living room and the dining room in the same room. That is why the furniture must be adapted very well and not to put too many objects. Yoram Yasur Izz: Defining and marking each zone with a table or lamp will help to delimit the spaces and make them more harmonious. Take note of these tips for the hidden corners of your living room or dining room:
- Functional tables. Choose tables that fulfill a second function such as those that have drawers or shelves on one side. This will allow you to save items in them.
- Wardrove. Place cabinets where you can. If you have a free space, however small it may seem, a closet can help locate books, ornaments or items that are needed at your fingertips.
- Armchairs with drawers. Yoram Yasur Izz: Under the armchairs there is usually always a space without use. Place some large drawers and keep all kinds of things there that you do not want to be wandering around the house.
- Place hooks and shelves on the walls. If there is a wall that is practically empty, you can place some hooks to hang the coats and wallets and above them a small shelf. In a place that is incidental, it will be very useful for you.
- Mirrors. Place mirrors to enlarge the space, especially in those that have low lighting.
Take advantage of the windows:
Yoram Yasur Izz: Windows are an important part of the environment, because thanks to them you can connect with the outside and allow the entry of light and air, essential for the home. If these do not cover the entire wall, you can find in them free spaces to place some type of attachment that helps to have more spaces to store things.
- Shelves above the windows. You can place a shelf that covers the width of the window and put books in it.
- Use the middle part of the window. Whether it reaches the ground or reaches the middle of the wall, you can locate a small desk next to it.
- Use the lower part of the window to place an armchair. You can make a custom chair and under it put drawers thus obtaining two functions in the same piece of furniture.
Tips for small house kitchens:
The utensils and kitchen appliances are increasingly. Having everything ordered and everything in place helps to optimize the time at the time of preparing the food. Take these tips to make the most of every place in the kitchen:
- Place shelves in the high and free areas. It will be very practical.
- Use baskets. They are very comfortable and help maintain order in the closets.
- Place hooks or metal baskets on the doors of the cupboards. Increase the place of saving.
Yoram Yasur Izz: For small bedrooms with little space, we can also adapt the previous ideas. In case the bed occupies most of the space, we will have to engineer it to use the free holes that are below and above it.
- A great idea is to place drawers or drawers under the bed, as it is a large and hidden place.
- You can also put shelves on the head of the bed.
In conclusion, there are always unoccupied places even in the smallest house; take advantage of them and give them some specific as well as decorative function.